We’re almost at the halfway point of 2020 and only one TV network can boast about its growth this year. Yes, it’s us. A lot of people are switching to 10. Here’s the evidence:
- MasterChef Australia is the king of TV right now. Its audience is up 46% so far this season, it has drawn its biggest audience since 2016, and it is completely dominating its timeslot in the demos that count (25 to 54s, 18 to 49s and 16 to 39s).
- Our network prime-time audience is up 24% in under 50s and up 20% in total people.
- The main 10 channel is up 25% in under 50s and up 21% in total people.
- Our network commercial share in under 50s is up 6.9 points to 30.7%. And our total people share is up 4.3 points to 25.8%.
- We’ve increased our year-on-year commercial share every single week this year.
- We’ve increased our audience for 21 consecutive weeks.
- 10 Bold has grown its audience for the past 71 consecutive weeks. Your eyes are not deceiving you: 71 weeks is correct.
- 10 Peach has grown its audience for the past 21 consecutive weeks.
- Turning to the world of BVOD, minutes viewed on 10 Play are up 26% this year.
- Have You Been Paying Attention? is up 18% year-on-year and dominating its timeslot week in, week out.
- The Project 7pm has lifted its under 50s audience 33% and its total people 26% this year. It is experiencing its biggest audience since 2017.
- The Sunday Project 7pm is up 13% compared to its 2019 average. It is having its biggest audience ever.
- How To Stay Married is up 23% compared to its 2018 season 1 average.
- 10 News First is up 30% in under 50s year-on-year. And 10 News First 6pm has increased our total people audience in its timeslot by 30%.
And last week:
- Network 10 was up 15% year-on-year.
- The main 10 channel was up 19% year-on-year.
- Our network commercial share was up 4.4 points in under 50s to 29% and up 2.6 points to 25.1% in total people.
Source: OzTAM, 5 City Metro, Week 1-24 2020 vs. 2019, Consolidated 7 excl. Week 24 2020, 6pm to 10.30pm, Network Total, OzTAM National VPM